I wrote this in December, and kinda forgot about posting it. Unfortunately, none of these things came true, but a man can wish…
- People will stop posting photos of food.
- Men and women will use social media to understand one another, and no one will argue about it.
- People will realize that their passionate political tweets and Facebook posts will not change anyone’s mind.
- Your relative will fact-check that email before forwarding it.
Web MD will say your search is not cancer.
- No one will question anyone else’s parenting style or relationship choices.
- No one drunk tweets.
- Everyone uses spell-check.
- Reality TV tweets are replaced with in-depth discussions about science and technology.
- Men are not critical of women’s appearances. Period.
- There will be no such thing as “A Joint Facebook account”
- Self-appointed Relationship experts will disappear.
- Someone will have a disagreement on line, and one party will admit they’re wrong. The issue is resolved.
- Your favorite Social Media outlet protects your privacy.
- Differences between people will not be mocked.
- Any man or woman who doesn’t fit into a preconceived role will not be the object of derision.
- Mean-spirited status updates are reconsidered, and are never posted.
- There are no photos of white people in blackface.
- Instead of trolling Black Women as to why they can’t keep a man, magazines will write articles that help women. (Or they’ll write an article titled “You ain’t shit: Do better, Black man!”)
- “I’m sleep though” will never be used again.
- “Rise and Grind” will be buried.
- No one makes outlandish statements just to get attention. (example: “Rhianna is the new Whitney Houston. But I’m sleep tho.“)
News outlets ignore the political opinions of sports stars and celebrities.