101 in 1001
I first saw this on a someone's site (I forgot how I stumbled upon it) and thought it was a cool idea. The entire idea starts at Triplux and follows from there. A list of 101 things to accomplish in 1001 days, which gives me roughly until 10/6/2009, about 9:16 in the morning. I've been mulling over this list for a while, and thought, "Even if I only do half of these things, it's better than nothing."
So here it goes. I reserve the right to replace boring tasks with more interesting ones.
Total number of tasks: 101
- Learn how to use my jack.
- Learn conversational spanish
- Participate in photo friday link
- Redesign this website
- Redo and re-launch my photo website.
- Complete my photography portfolio
- Teach myself how to draw
- Use my flickr account more regularly link
- Learn how to play my keyboard
- Take photographs of my old neighborhood
- Create a monthly calendar with my photos
- Make my photography portfolio
- Learn how to play backgammon
- Learn how to play bridge
- Complete a century bike ride (The Flattest Century in the East) link
- Complete the Folks On Spokes bike ride (40 miles) link
- Finish a hard SuDoKu
- Build a MythTV link
- Learn how to play Go link
- Start hiking
- Learn how to rollerblade
Future / Financial Planning
- Draft a living will
- Max out 401k in a year
- Contribute to my IRA
- Visit a financial advisor
- Save at least 10% of my income for 6 months straight.
- Make a retirement plan
- Make up a will
- Read "The Wealthy Barber" link
- Read books on financial planning and investment
- Start a slush fund containing 2-6 months of my salary, and fund it regularly
- Finish making wedding album
- Get my home clean and tidy (vacuumed, wardrobes and drawers organized, furniture in good shape, desks and tables clear).
- Don't keep anything around in the house or in storage that I don't need. Keep this up for 60 days.
- Build something (deck, desk, whatever)
- Fix power outlet in nursery
Movies to Watch
- Watch "Let It Ride" link
- Watch "Primal Fear" link
- Watch "From the Hip" link
- Watch "Cooley High" link
- Watch "The Usual Suspects" link
- Watch "King of NY" link
- Watch "Roots": (I only was two when it came out) link
- Watch "Carlito's Way" link
- Watch "Cooley High" link
- Watch "Training Day" link
- Watch "Pulp Fiction" link
- Watch "Dead Presidents" link
- Watch "Donnie Brasco" link
- Watch "Snatch" link
- Watch "Citizen Kane" link
- Watch "Memento" link
- Watch "Goodfellas" link
- Watch "It's a Wonderful Life" link
- Watch "Hotel Rwanda" link
- Watch "Fargo" link
- Watch "2001: A Space Odyssey" link
- Watch "The Maltese Falcon" link
- Watch "The Godfather", "The Godfather II", "The Godfather III" link link link
- Watch The Lord of the Rings Trilogy link link link
- Start a netflix queue
- Visit Washington DC
- Visit the Super Duper Weenie in Fairfield. Get a chicagoan. link
- Eat at "The King and I" in Fairfield, CT
- Visit 2 art galleries and openings a year.
- Visit Jenny farm in Vermont
- Visit The Guggenheim link
- Find a nice restaraunt to take the missus to, get dressed up for it, and go.
- Get a film scanner
- Make up a financial plan and keep it updated
- Learn about investing and be an active investor
- Try papaya
- Visit Washington, DC
- Participate in Habitat for Humanity at least 5 times link
- Back up all the contents of my hard drives weekly to prevent disaster
- Finish my system to organize my photos
- Hawaii Flash slide show with Donald Byrd "Places I've been"
- make a hawaii book
- Finish a hard crossword puzzle without cheating
- Stop swearing excessively
- Learn how to read a topo map
- Learn how to read my compass
- Get a Blue suit
- Get a Gray suit
- Get 2 suit jackets
- Return all emails within 48 hours for 60 days
- Return all phone calls within 24 hours for 60 days
- Participate in Habitat for Humanity, donate at least 1 hour per month link
- Read all the books that I have accumulated, or give them away
- Become an organ donor link
- Drink at least 4-6 cups of water every day for 90 days
- Reduce my dependence on sugar and candy for 60 days straight.
- Lose enough weight to fit into a 38" waist pants
- Get 7 hours sleep for 30 days straight
- Take a spinning class
- Run a 3K
- Weigh less than 200 lbs.
- Find out what my blood type is
- Learn flash link
- Re-learn java
- Get all of my personal papers files, and reciepts filed away daily, for 30 days straight.